Saturday, October 19, 2013

becoming a true new yorker (or so i'd like to think..)

New York City really is quite unlike any other place in the country, especially Oklahoma City (where I'm from.) Most people will probably tell you the generic reason: New York is busier, there's more people, bigger building blah blah. That's not it though! It's not the aesthetic of the city that's kind of given me culture shock, it's the nature of the people. As I politely decline an offer to take a picture with Spiderman in the middle of Time's Square, I get weird looks from everyone around me. My mom must've noticed my confused expression, and explained that people in NYC don't talk to each other unless absolutely necessary. I guess I've learned today that it's best to just keep walking past some people in this city.. especially if it's a grown man dressed as a baby.
Okay, well without further insight on the people of New York, here are my day and night outfits from yesterday (10/18). During the day, while hanging out at the MET and shopping around Madison Ave. I wore a purple crop top from Nordstrom's Rack, a J.Crew plaid shirt tied around high-waisted Forever21 jean shorts with black tights, blue Doc Martens, an orange fuzzy sweater from Anthropologie, a vintage black embroidered bag and a grey beanie. It felt very city-cool, so I was happy. At night, I had my first Teen Vogue Fashion University event at Express, and wore a vintage beaded tank top with black American Eagle jeans, a Philip Lim mini black handbag and black Prabal Gurung heels.











No comments:

Post a Comment