Monday, October 21, 2013

a very happy nyc birthday (and classes at teen vogue!)

Not many people can claim that on their birthday they got to be in the best city on the planet surrounded by amazing people. Not only was I with my incredible mom (i love ya momma!), but I also got to spend my birthday with so many people in the fashion industry that I look up to. The day consisted of seminars, and ended with an event at TopShop in SoHo (my new favorite place ever.) I got to attend seminars with the Teen Vogue editors (including Amy Astley, Andrew Bevan, Elaine Welteworth, and many others who are so inspirational), Joseph Altuzarra, Nanette Lepore, Jessie Randall, and Kate Phelan. I have to say, it really doesn't get much better. Andrew Bevan took a selfie with me after answering one of my questions, Nanette Lepore took a picture with me, Jessie Randall gave me incredible advice about college and how to decide what I want to do with my future, and Kate Phelan (and Amy Astley!) talked to me about her amazing job as TopShop's creative director. I took a picture with Kate, and talked with her a little more and ultimately decided that she is my role model. Anyway, Amy Astley also tweeted at me, so I do admit to a bit of a fangirl attack.. I just admire her so much it was bound to happen. Nevertheless, incredible birthday this Saturday, and the TopShop event followed by dinner at a cute Italian place made it perfect. To classes, I wore a cream colored studded sweater tucked into a forest green skater skirt with black cheetah patterned tights and Steve Madden brown suede wedge booties. That night, I wore an oxblood colored leather dress with fishnet tights and Oxford heels from Francesca's along with a vintage gold evening bag and a Free People necklace.






































2 comments:

  1. LOVE that leather dress! How did I not meet / see you once that weekend?!

    xx Victoria
    www.Folio-V.com

    ReplyDelete